Jan 10, 2013 >> Little Market Brasserie New Year’s Brunch Recipes
This week, we kicked off 2013 with Chef Ryan Poli of the Gold Coast’s Little Market Brasserie. The outspoken foodie took us back to the kitchen to whip up two of his favorite brunch options from the menu: an updated grilled cheese and a deliciously spicy chorizo omlette. Watch the G&F Interview and add the recipes below to your weekend rotation—you won’t be disappointed.
LITTLE MARKET GRILLED CHEESE
INGREDIENTS: 2 slices brioche bread // 3 slices aged cheddar cheese // 2 slices bacon // 1/2 avocado // 1 egg // 1 tbsp butter, room temperature // 1 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- Spread butter on outside of both pieces of bread.
- Warm non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place bread in pan butter side down and place 1 1⁄2 slices of cheddar on each slice of bread.
- Cook until outside of bread is crispy and nicely browned and cheese is evenly melted. (Place in broiler to finish if necessary)
- Put sriracha sauce on 1 of the slices of bread.
- Fry egg over easy.
- On other slice of bread place 4 slices of avocado (sliced thin!), 2 slices of crispy bacon and over easy egg.
- Combine bread and enjoy.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium heat, cook chorizo until it renders out all extra fat and the meat is cooked through.
- In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and beat until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Drain off excess fat from chorizo, add poblanos and eggs.
- Turn heat to low and allow eggs to cook, using a rubber spatula pull edges of omelette to thecenter until omelette is mostly cooked.
- Flip omelette and then fold into a half moon.
- Place on plate and top with cilantro sour cream and queso fresco.